Haidee Nel is a sculptor, and installation and performance artist who lives and works in Swellendam, Western Cape, South Africa.
She works mainly with wood, cement, fabric and resin and enjoys playing with colour and texture.
- 2000- Honours degree in Fine Art, University of Cape Town, Michaelis School of Fine Art (Dean’s merit list award for academic performance)
- 2001- Advanced Black and White Photography course, Michael Hetem School of Photography
- 2017- Master’s Degree Pending
COMPETITIONS AND AWARDS
- 2003- Merit Award for the Sasol New Signatures Competition
- 2010- Vuleka Award- Best Overall Artwork.
- 2011- Regional Finalist, Cape Town in the Absa l’atelier
SELECTED EXHIBITIONS AND PROJECTS
- 2010- Matters Conceptual: Seeing- group exhibition with Erdmann Contemporary, Cape Town
- 2011- Infecting the City- group exhibition with Erdmann Contemporary, Cape Town
- 2013- Design Indaba group exhibition titled” The Travel Suitcase’ Cape Town
- 2014- Urban Masquerade serie- Cape Town Art Fair with Erdmann Contemporary
- 2015- Infantry I Serie (Girl)- Joburg Art Fair with Orange Babies- South Africa
- 2015- At the End of the Rainbow& Trojan Horse- Equus Gallery, Cavalli Estate
- 2016- Urban Masquerade- Cape Town Art fair with Worldart, Cape Town
- 2016- Liefie Serie- Turbine Art fair with Lizamore & Assosciates, Johannesburg
- 2016- Infantry Serie (Boy)- Lizamore & Associates, Jonannesburg
- 2017- Groeipane- Woordfees, Stellenbosch
- 2017- Groeipyne- Worldart, Cape Town
- 2018- “Letterlik / Literally”, Group exhibition, Absolut Art Gallery, Stellenbosch